An equal temperament is a musical temperament, or a system of tuning, in which the frequency interval between every pair of adjacent notes has the same ratio.
(Or how we arrived at equal temperament) In this video I go over the history of western tuning methods and I overview some of the problems that arise with each ...
- How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony (and Why You Should Care)
Ross W. Duffin (Paperback - Oct 17, 2008)
- By Ross W. Duffin - How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony (and Why You Should Care) (9/17/08)
Ross W. Duffin (Paperback - Sep 17, 2008)
- Temperament: How Music Became a Battleground for the Great Minds of Western Civilization
Stuart Isacoff (Paperback - Feb 4, 2003)
- The Seventh Dragon: The Riddle Of Equal Temperament
Anita T. Sullivan (Paperback - May 15, 2005)
- Tuning: Containing the Perfection of Eighteenth-Century Temperament, the Lost Art of Nineteenth-Century Temperament and the Science of Equal Temperament
Owen H. Jorgensen (Hardcover - Jun 1, 1991)
- Modern Organ Tuning: The How and Why? Clearly Explaining the Nature of the Organ Pipe and the System of Equal Temperament; Together With an Historic ... From the Greek Tetrachord (Classic Reprint)
Hermann Smith (Paperback - May 2, 2017)
- Historical Tuning of Keyboard Instruments: Theory and Practice: Pythagorean Through Equal Temperament
- Pitch notation and equal temperament: a formal study.
Eric. Regener (Unknown Binding)
- Tuning and Temperament: A Historical Survey (Dover Books on Music)
J. Murray Barbour (Paperback - May 20, 2004)
- Equal Intervalic Temperament: A System of Position Mapping on the Cello
John O'Keefe Publishing
- KEYBOARD CONNECTIONS: Proportion and temperament in music and architecture. Equal temperament, the golden section and a few other mysteries
Anthony Osborne (Paperback - Jul 10, 2006)
- Equal Intervalic Temperament: A System of Position Mapping for the Cello
John Andrew O'Keefe (Paperback - Jan 5, 2017)
- Equal temperament;: Its history from Ramis (1482) to Rameau (1737)
J. Murray Barbour (Unknown Binding)
- Music Equal Temperament
Dan Huynh (Paperback - Oct 5, 2012)
- The Equal-beating Temperaments : a Handbook for Tuning Harpsichords and Fortepianos, with Tuning Techniques and Tables of Fifteen Historical Temperaments
Owen Jorgensen (Paperback)
- The tower handbook: Answers to 1001 questions about ringing
John Harrison (Paperback)
- ABC WHY STOP AT G?
- How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony by Ross W Duffin (Oct 14 2008)
- Theory Of Evolving Tonality (Da Capo Press music reprint series)
Joseph Yasser (Paperback - Apr 21, 1975)
- Equal Temperament Music Notation: The Ailler Brennink Chromatic Notation;
Albert Brennink (Hardcover)
Bing: Equal Temperament
- Equal temperament - Wikipedia
- An equal temperament is a musical temperament, or a system of tuning, in which the frequency interval between every pair of adjacent notes has the same ratio.
- Musical temperament - Wikipedia
- In musical tuning, a temperament is a tuning system that slightly compromises the pure intervals of just intonation to meet other requirements. Most modern Western ...
- Temperament dictionary definition | temperament defined
- When a person is calm and collected and doesn't tend to get mad easily, this is an example of a person with a calm temperament.
- EEOC Home Page
- Information on how to file an employment discrimination charge, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution services, laws/regulations, press releases and ...
- temperament | Definition of temperament in English by ...
- Definition of temperament - a person's or animal's nature, especially as it permanently affects their behaviour, the adjustment of intervals in tuning a piano
- Tuning and Temperament
- C, F and G major triads sound wonderful in this tuning, as all the ratios are pure. But look what happens when we play a D major triad:
- Temperament | Define Temperament at Dictionary.com
- Temperament definition, the combination of mental, physical, and emotional traits of a person; natural predisposition. See more.
- Just Intonation Explained
- here. Notice that the two 7-related thirds, 7/6 and 9/7, are at 267 cents and 435 cents - each of them about a third of a half-step away from 12-pitch equal temperament.
- Equal - definition of equal by The Free Dictionary
- Define equal. equal synonyms, equal pronunciation, equal translation, English dictionary definition of equal. adj. 1. Having the same quantity, measure, or value as ...
- Stewdio is Stewart Smith's studio. ... This old website’s had it. Why not visit my new one? http://stewartsmith.io
Uzax.com RSS Feed