An equal temperament is a musical temperament, or a system of tuning, in which the frequency interval between every pair of adjacent notes has the same ratio.
(Or how we arrived at equal temperament) In this video I go over the history of western tuning methods and I overview some of the problems that arise with each ...
- How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony (and Why You Should Care)
Ross W. Duffin (Paperback - Oct 17, 2008)
- Temperament: How Music Became a Battleground for the Great Minds of Western Civilization
Stuart Isacoff (Paperback - Feb 4, 2003)
- The Seventh Dragon: The Riddle Of Equal Temperament
Anita T. Sullivan (Paperback - May 15, 2005)
- Tuning: Containing the Perfection of Eighteenth-Century Temperament, the Lost Art of Nineteenth-Century Temperament and the Science of Equal Temperament
Owen H. Jorgensen (Hardcover - Jun 1991)
- By Ross W. Duffin - How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony (and Why You Should Care) (9/17/08)
Ross W. Duffin (Paperback - Sep 17, 2008)
- Modern Organ Tuning: The How and Why? Clearly Explaining the Nature of the Organ Pipe and the System of Equal Temperament; Together With an Historic ... From the Greek Tetrachord (Classic Reprint)
Hermann Smith (Paperback - May 2, 2017)
- Historical Tuning of Keyboard Instruments: Theory and Practice: Pythagorean Through Equal Temperament
- Pitch notation and equal temperament: a formal study.
Eric. Regener (Unknown Binding)
- Tuning and Temperament: A Historical Survey (Dover Books on Music)
J. Murray Barbour (Paperback - May 20, 2004)
- Music Equal Temperament
Dan Huynh (Paperback - Oct 5, 2012)
- The Equal-beating Temperaments : a Handbook for Tuning Harpsichords and Fortepianos, with Tuning Techniques and Tables of Fifteen Historical Temperaments
Owen Jorgensen (Paperback)
- Equal Intervalic Temperament: A System of Position Mapping for the Cello
John Andrew O'Keefe (Paperback - Jan 5, 2017)
- Equal Intervalic Temperament: A System of Position Mapping on the Cello
John O'Keefe Publishing
- KEYBOARD CONNECTIONS: Proportion and temperament in music and architecture. Equal temperament, the golden section and a few other mysteries
Anthony Osborne (Paperback - Jul 10, 2006)
- The tower handbook: Answers to 1001 questions about ringing
John Harrison (Paperback)
- Equal temperament;: Its history from Ramis (1482) to Rameau (1737)
J. Murray Barbour (Unknown Binding)
- How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony by Ross W Duffin (Oct 14 2008)
- Theory Of Evolving Tonality (Da Capo Press music reprint series)
Joseph Yasser (Paperback - Apr 21, 1975)
- EQUAL TEMPERAMENT MUSIC NOTATION the Allier-Brennink Chromatic Notation
Albert BRENNINK (Hardcover)
- Equal Temperament Music Notation: The Ailler Brennink Chromatic Notation;
Albert Brennink (Hardcover)
Bing: Equal Temperament
- The Equal Tempered Scale and Peculiarities of Piano Tuning
- The Equal Tempered Scale and Some Peculiarities of Piano Tuning. Jim Campbell. The first skill to be learned by the musician sometimes involves tuning the instrument.
- EEOC Home Page
- Information on how to file an employment discrimination charge, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution services, laws/regulations, press releases and ...
- Stewdio is Stewart Smith's studio. ... This old website’s had it. Why not visit my new one? http://stewartsmith.io
- Just Intonation Explained
- here. Notice that the two 7-related thirds, 7/6 and 9/7, are at 267 cents and 435 cents - each of them about a third of a half-step away from 12-pitch equal temperament.
- On Rabbits, Mathematics and Musical Scales - bikexprt.com
- This article describes how the structure of musical scales of 2, 5, 7, 12, 19 tones and more per octave is related to a Fibonacci series, and how the musical ...
- FAQ | TrueTemperament Frets
- What does “True Temperament” mean? The TRUE TEMPERAMENT™ Fretting System is a revolutionary new way to construct guitar fingerboards which tune accurately along ...
- An Introduction to Historical Tunings - Kyle Gann
- Notice that we've moved considerably closer to equal temperament; no pitch is more than 12 cents off. The following perfect fifths are 3/2 ratios of 701.955 cents ...
- Formula for frequency table - Department of Physics
- Equations for the Frequency Table The basic formula for the frequencies of the notes of the equal tempered scale is given by f n = f 0 * (a) n where f 0 = the ...
- Pythagorean tuning - Wikipedia
- In equal temperament, pairs of enharmonic notes such as A ♭ and G ♯ are thought of as being exactly the same note—however, as the above table indicates, in ...
- Equal Sign | Definition of Equal Sign by Merriam-Webster
- Define equal sign: a sign = indicating mathematical or logical equivalence —called also equality sign, equals sign
Uzax.com RSS Feed