Health Systems Science
4.1 out of 5 stars · 7 customer reviews
eBooks · Susan E. Skochelak
Developed by the American Medical Association’s Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium, Health Systems Science is the first text that focuses on providing a fundamental understanding of how health care is delivered, how health care professionals work together to deliver that care, and how the health system can improve patient care and health care delivery. Along with basic and clinical science, Health Systems Science (HSS) is rapidly becoming a crucial "third pillar" of medical science, requiring a practical, standardized curriculum with an emphasis on understanding the role of human factors, systems engineering, leadership, and patient improvement strategies that will help transform the future of health care and ensure greater patient safety.
- Complete coverage of the evolving field of HSS includes patient safety, quality improvement, evidence-based medicine, value in health care, interprofessional teamwork, stewardship of health care resources, population management, clinical informatics, care coordination, leadership, and health care financing/reform.
- Patient improvement strategies incorporates checklists, information technology, team training, and more.
- A consistent chapter template provides clear coverage of each topic, including Learning Objectives, Chapter Outline, Core Chapter Content, Summary, Questions for Reflection, and Annotated Bibliography and References.
- Highly relevant content applicable to today’s evolving health care delivery written by experts in key, emerging areas of HSS.
- Developed in partnership with the AMA’s Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium, at the forefront of change and innovation in medical education.
- The Upstream Doctors: Medical Innovators Track Sickness to Its Source (Kindle Single) (TED Books)
- The Health Care Handbook: A Clear and Concise Guide to the United States Health Care System, 2nd Edition
- Finish What You Start: The Art of Following Through, Taking Action, Executing, & Self-Discipline
- Behavior and Medicine
- Make It Stick
- Healthcare Disrupted: Next Generation Business Models and Strategies
- Preparing for International Health Experiences: A Practical Guide
- Before Disrupting Healthcare: What Innovators Need To Know
- CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2017 (Lange)
- The Great Convergence