The Healthy Teen Cookbook: Around the World In 80 Fantastic Recipes
5 out of 5 stars · 5 customer reviews
Book · Remmi Smith (Hardcover - Mar 13, 2018)
#1 Amazon Best Seller! ─ Easy Healthy Recipes Cookbook
A Chopped kid chef and entrepreneur is on a mission to bring healthy food options and easy-to-cook scrumptious recipes to a busy and heavily-scheduled generation of teens.
Healthy cooking for kids: Remmi Smith, a sixteen-year-old chef who hosts two cooking shows and serves as a national Student Ambassador for a leading food services company, has written a cookbook encouraging teens to take up healthy cooking as a new pastime. She also has appeared on Chopped, the talkshow Harry (with Harry Connick Jr.), and the Food Network.
Easy healthy recipes: Chef Remmi Smith’s creation is not your typical teen’s cookbook: It’s written “for teens by a teen,” explains the author, and is filled with tried-and-true recipes with budding cooks in mind, using limited ingredients and steps. Remmi is the national Student Ambassador for Sodexo, a global leader in food services and facilities management which provides education solutions to nearly 500 school districts.
Healthy eating habits and teen health: Through the colorful, easy-to-read, 220-page book, Remmi sets out to inspire teens to adopt healthy eating habits by introducing them to the glorious pastime of cooking. The book takes the reader on a culinary journey across the seven continents, highlighting a country and its top food items in each one. Each section features geographic descriptions, a full menu (from appetizer to dessert), fun facts, brain teasers, personal tips, and delicious photos of the recipes―making it a geography lesson, a cookbook, and a social studies class all in one.
Healthy cooking cookbook designed for kids: What’s most evident in this book is Remmi’s passion for cooking. What’s most appealing is her genuine writing style and ability to relate to other teens. In the section about Lebanon, Remmi includes a recipe for Rice Pilaf and comments: “This dish is heavenly. It has both rice and pasta in it―two of my favorites.” Remmi’s recipes include a lot of vegetables and she uses fruits to add natural sweetness while going light on spices to make the dishes more appealing to children and teens.
Cooking healthy recipes and having fun too: “I want to inspire teens to get in the kitchen and have some fun, cook healthy and enjoy life and the love of food,” Remmi says. “You can explore the world through food. Writing this book was a really big adventure for me and I hope it will be an adventure for everyone else.”
- Eat Fresh Food: Awesome Recipes for Teen Chefs
- MasterChef Junior Cookbook: Bold Recipes and Essential Techniques to Inspire Young Cooks
- Cookbook for Teens: The Easy Teen Cookbook with 74 Fun & Delicious Recipes to Try
- The Baking Cookbook for Teens: 75 Delicious Recipes for Sweet and Savory Treats
- Kid Chef: The Foodie Kids Cookbook: Healthy Recipes and Culinary Skills for the New Cook in the Kitchen
- Teens Cook: How to Cook What You Want to Eat
- Eating Mindfully for Teens: A Workbook to Help You Make Healthy Choices, End Emotional Eating, and Feel Great (An Instant Help Book for Teens)
- Kids' Fun and Healthy Cookbook
- The Teen Girl's Survival Guide: Ten Tips for Making Friends, Avoiding Drama, and Coping with Social Stress (The Instant Help Solutions Series)
- Cooking Class: 57 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Make (and Eat!)